April 1st
Maya & Samuel had Eva over for a sleepover on Thursday. It was Eva's first sleepover at a friend's house. We all had a lot of fun going to an ice cream social, doing magic tricks and staying up until 1:30!! I am still recovering :-)


Then last night Mom came to spend the night on her way home from speaking in Houston. We watched The Prize Winner from Defiance, Ohio (which I recommend to all of the mommies out there), ate cinnamon rolls & drank tea. While I was trying to put the kids down to bed, Stephen
called with the "news" that he was the driver for the night. He had all of his gear in the truck and was ready to go! I called him back later and sensed a bit of anxiety about driving. I started giving him a hard time, quizzing him on how to control the flow of water at a fire, etc. He said, "I've never even driven a code three with lights and sirens!" I giggled, and then heard, "OH S**T!!" and he hung up. About 30 seconds later, we heard sirens!! I was anxious to hear about his night this morning and called the station at about 9 am. He was still sleeping, because as the driver, he had to stay up until 3:30am until the garage door repairman left. His first official run as a driver was a Code 3 (Lights and Sirens), but it was just a medical run, no fire. He did mention briefly that on one run he went to the wrong address-Ouch!

Anyways, Samuel had a soccer game at noon. He didn't score any goals, but at Jackson Cimato's birthday party later, he scored lots of "favors" and cupcakes :-) Stephen was asleep by 6 tonight, and I am soon to follow.


My Little Shadow Ninjas
Maya & Samuel had Eva over for a sleepover on Thursday. It was Eva's first sleepover at a friend's house. We all had a lot of fun going to an ice cream social, doing magic tricks and staying up until 1:30!! I am still recovering :-)


Then last night Mom came to spend the night on her way home from speaking in Houston. We watched The Prize Winner from Defiance, Ohio (which I recommend to all of the mommies out there), ate cinnamon rolls & drank tea. While I was trying to put the kids down to bed, Stephen
called with the "news" that he was the driver for the night. He had all of his gear in the truck and was ready to go! I called him back later and sensed a bit of anxiety about driving. I started giving him a hard time, quizzing him on how to control the flow of water at a fire, etc. He said, "I've never even driven a code three with lights and sirens!" I giggled, and then heard, "OH S**T!!" and he hung up. About 30 seconds later, we heard sirens!! I was anxious to hear about his night this morning and called the station at about 9 am. He was still sleeping, because as the driver, he had to stay up until 3:30am until the garage door repairman left. His first official run as a driver was a Code 3 (Lights and Sirens), but it was just a medical run, no fire. He did mention briefly that on one run he went to the wrong address-Ouch!

Anyways, Samuel had a soccer game at noon. He didn't score any goals, but at Jackson Cimato's birthday party later, he scored lots of "favors" and cupcakes :-) Stephen was asleep by 6 tonight, and I am soon to follow.


My Little Shadow Ninjas
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteWow, what an exciting night for Stephen!
ReplyDeleteThanks for making Eva's stay so much fun. She told me yesterday about your breakfast picnic adventure. Y'all always do such a great job of making us McFarlins feel right at home.
Great action shot of Sam in his soccer uniform!
I hope you all get a chance to catch your breath from all the fun!
I am out of breath! You are one active, busy, productive family! It is so exciting that Stephen had his first run as driver...you be DA MAN! I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteErica, you and the kids look great...I think your move into Austin was a good one! Lots going on...love to all.
I see you have some more students of Erica's school of bed jumping...
ReplyDelete