We had a great day today. We slept in until 10am (really, 9 am without daylight savings time :-). It was another gorgeous day. Some of our good friends from Dripping Springs visited this afternoon. April is now 9 and can knit so well! She taught me how to finger knit. Then she preceded to knit the cutest little bag for a doll. I couldn't figure out how she did it! We all road bikes (except Sam scootered) around the block. Daniel & April had fun riding on the sidewalks, because they live in the country without any. They both ride without training wheels, so both Sam & Maya (Sara) are now wanting to learn! Maya loves April and wanted to do everything she was doing. They all stayed for dinner (leftovers-you can really tell a good friend by being able to serve them leftovers :-), and Ms. Sharell taught Sam to make a slip knot rope. I don't have any pictures from today, but I do have a picture of a Lego ship that Sam made last week. Take note of the cool, necessary party platform on the back. He has great engineering capability and is now drawing scenery with perspective (the closer mountains are big & the farther away ones are little). As you can tell, I am all smiles today! :-)

OK...So, I have some more pictures (Thanks, Carmen). These were taken last week during "Super Special Play Day at the Hope's". Why was this day so special you may ask? Well, let me tell you...
1. We met another super cool unschooling family, Joanna, Samantha & Johnny;
2. While the moms were gabbing, Mr. Steve took the kids to the drain field & they all went swimming up to their necks. Steve just couldn't stop the fun when they were screaming, "This is the best day of my life!!!";
3. The girls run into the house screaming about a fire & putting their feet in water. We run out to find Quint 17 flushing the hydrants on our street!


For those of you who have heard about my new best friends, Carmen & the girls, but have not met them, here is their debut picture on my blog: (from left to right) Johnny (5), Ginger (4), Samantha (7), Eva (7), Carmen (33), Lillian (almost 3), Maya (4), Me with a horrible look on my face, and Firefighter Lisa
You think YOU have a horrible look on your face....I look like I'm standing in stench and filth and can barely breath!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great day, wasn't it!
Well, the kids did go swimming in the drain water...
ReplyDelete