So, we had a beautiful 80 degree Saturday! I had another early morning natural wake-up call at 5am, so I got up & finished some Mommy & Me work. I crawled back into bed around 8 with Stephen getting up around 9:30 to join his friend, Joe. They are participating the Aqua Terra April 6th and wanted to kayak, bike & run the course. The kids and I preceded to the farmer's market, the pet store & HEB.
At the pet store, we purchased a larger terrarium for Samuel's corn snake, Victoria, and bedding for both the snake and Serena, the tortoise. It is quite a chore to replace Serena's bedding...first, we have to immerse the bricks of coconut husks in water. Then, we spread out the bedding in the sun to dry. I soaked 6 bricks this time (equivalent to 6 large trash bags laid out flat). We then have to remove all of the old bedding from her "house", clean off the plastic sheeting, spread new newspaper & finally lay out the new bedding.
We also purchased mice, crickets & a new log for Victoria. Samuel told the pet store clerk how much he loved reptiles; the clerk agreed with me that the whole family must! Who approved so many reptiles in our house????
The pet adoption company at the pet store today had the cutest little dog that looked just like Otis but white & without a curly tail. His demeanor was so good for such a young dog & of course, Maya fell in love with him. I hesitated slightly, thinking "how could we get this dog & make it work," but my common sense slammed me in the face with a quick glance to our over-flowing reptile supply cart & the image of Clara being taken away. I also remind myself that there will always be a good dog to adopt when she/we are ready for another dog. She will be so ecstatic when that day comes!
We are now awaiting the arrival of Grammy & Grandpa, who are joining us for Easter Sunday.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment