So, I plan a really cool birthday surprise for Stephen. Our night would consist of a night out consisting of dinner with friends, a concert, and a hotel room. I was able to keep the secret for 1.5 weeks & the day of the surprise, I get a call from the station looking for Stephen to work a shift he promised to cover. Well, Stephen was working at the academy that day, so I try to call him there, but they are in the field with the cadets. I am almost in tears, because if the station gets a hold of him before I do, I'm sure he will offer to go to the station after the academy & our night will be shot!! I eventually talk to him & he has not offered to go into the station yet. So, I calmly tell him to promise me that we can go out that night, but if he really cannot then I need to know ASAP in order to "make some calls." He is now very excited & promises to come home as soon as he can.
Well, the night goes off without a hitch.
I bought Steve new pants & shoes. He enjoys showing them off.
Dinner with friends...
Matt Holmes
John & Joanna Reed, Me & Steve, Cat & Joe Cimato
Stephen smiled throughout the concert.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment