Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Don't Know Why...


Last night with a promise to brush their teeth before going to bed, I headed upstairs, leaving the kids downstairs eating chips and salsa.  This morning I arose early to go grocery shopping before Stephen left for work.  Reviewing my list before heading out, I found a new "entry" on my list.  This little red word, "chips" gave me such joy, and I am not quite sure why. 

Is it because...
  • Samuel is writing more and spelled chips correctly?
  • Samuel has cleverly figured out that I only get things written on my list?
  • I am really enjoying the independence of the kids to stay up later to eat chips if they so choose to?
  • I have never pressured Samuel to write and this is a display of what he has learned on his own and him using these skills in a "real" way?
  • I am relieved it only said chips and not ice cream, cookies, cake, candy, soda, because how could I have resisted NOT buying those things after they cleverly "put them on the list."?

No comments:

Post a Comment