"Seeing STOMP-check"
STOMP was in town recently, and they gave a free performance on the sidewalk in front of the Paramount. It was cool and then we walked down to the Frost Bank building so the kids could see it up close (not as exciting as seeing it in the skyline).
"Being reminded why we do not participate in many scheduled tours-check"
We spent close to 3 (yes, I said THREE) hours at the Strawberry Farm waiting around & following directions. When we finally got to actually pick strawberries, Maya's basket was filled in literally 1 minute. Meanwhile, Samuel was only picking the most perfect berries and ended up with only about 7 after about 20 minutes.
"Watch a UT Baseball game & get first hand experience why we do not let the kids eat cotton candy-check"
Stephen was given 4 tickets to a game, Sam chose to be barefoot the entire time, Sam & Maya ate an entire bag of cotton candy after we said, "OK, you can get some cotton candy just this once," Maya was poised with glove for any foul balls that came her way, Samuel FREAKED out when his sugar rush ended, Stephen & Maya continued the night at a friend's Cinco de Mayo party.
"Participate in a triathlon-check"
I raced in a local triathlon Mother's Day weekend. I have been training for 1 year and it was still very difficult. Stephen was very proud of me, I beat my brother & I have just 1 more race to go.

A couple of side notes that do not have pictures to accompany them...
We have decided to find Clara a new home. After a few months, I have realized that we do not have time to cater to her emotional needs & she needs more space. She also tried to dig into Serena's cage and before we have another tragic tortoise story to relate, we hope to find her a better home.
Sam has requested that we "do homeschooling" again. He has opted to learn to read from the Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons book. Meanwhile, Maya wants to repeat after me the BORING "Hooked on Phonics" lessons. It is amazing how much they do and learn on their own with very little instruction from me. Otherwise we are learning by playing with Legos, drawing, reading, modeling with clay, planting the garden, watching movies, making up stories, playing with friends, and of course just LIVING.
I have started working out with Stephen in the garage. He is an excellent coach and I am very sore. I really want to spend less time away from the family, so working out at home fits in nicely. In the past year, I have devoted a lot of time to getting back into shape & training for the triathlon which had me OUT running, swimming, biking or going to the gym. Sam & Maya started telling me how much they missed me in the mornings, so it really feels like a good time to reevaluate my priorities.
Well, for all of those who know "how I get late at night", you understand this blog. For all the rest of you...now you know "how I get late at night."
A final CONGRATULATIONS to...
* Adam & Mary Elizabeth on their new home & selling their KY home;
* Nicole on her new townhouse;
* Kocur's baby girl; and
* Boyce's successful conference!
Peace & Gratitude
No comments:
Post a Comment