Thursday, August 13, 2009

Qi Gong


Last week I started practicing Jingui Qi Gong. This is the practice that Stephen started about 12 years ago and then after a long hiatus started back up a few months ago. This is huge for me! Stephen has explained to me all of the benefits of Chi Gong for years now, but I have never had an interest in pursuing this type of practice. But when I attended a class with him and the kids a couple weeks ago, I had a really intense urge to start practicing. I became really focused on how this type of energy work could hugely benefit my life...

I am tired of being tired. I want to be the best birth support person I can and refine my energy management and emotional stability. I want to live as long as I can as healthy and strong as I can. I want to bring positive experiences and people into my life for the rest of my life!

So, one week into the practice...I feel more energetic, I wasn't hungover when I should have been, I handled negative influences with calmness and immunity, and I feel taller :-)

Another cool aspect is that one of our best friends from Stephen's class years ago (he even attended our wedding) is now an assistant instructor in our class and has instructed me these last couple of classes. It feels like we have rediscovered our family.

Here's to health and longevity....

3 comments:

  1. My dearest doppleganger,

    I took an AMAZIGN Qi Gong class about 2 years ago. I was very distracted by having a toddler, but have just started thinking about taking it again!!! I can't wait to hear all about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could come to one of our classes and check it out ;-) Wouldn't that be fun to do it together! Stephen is forever bonded with his first class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GinkgoWild6:56 PM

    I practice Qi Gong along with Taiji. It is great.

    ReplyDelete