One of my most cherished friends had a birthday today...my mom! She is an amazing woman who has touched so many people. She is full of life, love and happiness. She is the person I call whenever I am down; she is the person I call whenever I am excited. She has ALWAYS supported me and knows me better than most. I love her with all of my heart and am so grateful that I have her in my life!
Here is one of my favorite "mom" stories...
It was Mother's Day a couple of years ago. We went out to Marble Falls to spend the day with my parents. Mom and I decided to go to Wal-Mart together to get some material and things. After running into multiple people that my mom knew, we ran into a lady who gave my mom a huge hug and was adamant about her teenage daughter meeting my mom. She told her daughter that my mom was "the reason why she believed in a God because he had sent this angel to her." We chatted for a moment and went our separate ways. I asked my mom what she meant by saying this. She told me the story that when she was running the clinic in Llano, this woman had come in for a prenatal exam and told Mom that she was being abused by her
husband. My mom told this woman to go home and gather her important papers and come back for another check-up in a couple of days. When she came back, my mom rushed her through the office and out the back door to her waiting car and straight to the shelter. This action gave this woman and her baby girl a new start in her life and she was eternally grateful for it. My mom just did what she had to do and what she felt was right.
Happy Birthday, Mom! I am honored to have you as my Mommy Angel :-)

Also one of our dear friends shares a birthday with my mom...Happy Birthday, Daphnie! We miss you and look forward to celebrating a belated birthday with you in Yellowstone next month! You are another kind hearted, full of life person who makes this world a better place!
No comments:
Post a Comment