Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Tribute To Tim Mallott

Stephen & I just found out that one of our greatest friends died about 1.5 years ago.  Timothy Mallott was a big part of the beginning of our relationship.  He was the head waiter that hired me at Trudy's which led me to meeting Stephen.  He was also one of Stephen's best friends at the time.  Tim even had a hand in our first kiss...he purposely lost the bowling frame that Stephen "won" a kiss from me (a story for a different post).  Tim, Stephen & I were so connected, we were a lot alike, and we had so much fun together! 
One huge part of our history is that Stephen and Tim took Chi Gong together.  Tim had HIV and remained extremely healthy while practicing Chi Gong.  He even corrected his eyesight back to 20/20 with the help of Chi Gong.  I will never forget the wonderful mediation that he led during a class that I attended.  He had so much powerful energy and focus!
When Stephen & I got engaged, there was no question that Tim would be in our wedding.  We asked him to bless our union.  He rose to the occassion and led all of our wedding guests in a beautiful mediation during the ceremony. 
After giving birth to Samuel, Tim was one of the first visitors.  

We then lost touch with him when we moved to Baltimore for 3 years.  

On one of our visits back to Texas, Tim came out to see us at my parent's house.  This was one of our last visits with him. 
He was still full of life even though he was battling more frequent bouts of sickness.  When we moved back to Texas, we ran into Tim at Z-Tejas.  It was great to see him again, but when Stephen went to his house to visit with him, he realized that Tim was at a low time in his life.  We ended up losing contact with him again, but I always looked for him around town and would occasionally look up his phone number.  His listed numbers would always be disconnected.  On our date last night, of course Tim's name came up when we started reminiscing about our life together.  So, I started searching for him again today.  I called his listed phone numbers only to get disconnected messages again.  I then found his name listed in the Social Security Death Index.  He died on December 5, 2007.  I have been crying all day.  I wish we could have seen him more when we moved back.  I wish we could have comforted him when he was sick.  I wish I could have told him how special he was to me.  I wish his energy, spirit and intelligence could have brightened this world a little longer.  
Rest In Peace, Timothy A. Mallott.  
We will always love you and cherish our time together.

2 comments:

  1. Stefanie Yunakov1:07 AM

    I am very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel1:59 AM

    I am so sorry Erica! I wish you would have called me. We could have cried together. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete