Friday, April 10, 2009

Back to bloggin'

So, since a lot of you have noticed that I haven't posted in a while, I will put blogging back in my schedule :-)

What we have done lately:
-We had a wonderful visit from Grandmary, Aunt Mary Elizabeth, Eliza & Keaton.  We mainly just spent time together.  It was rainy and cold.  I attended my first birth while they were here.  The weather cleared up just before they left, so we got to take a beautiful hike at Hamilton Pool.  The trip ended with me getting severe stomach cramps that were relieved with a little acupuncture and body work.  It is always a pleasure to visit with my in-laws, but there has been a "sickness trend" lately whenever there is a visit :-(
-Our niece, Chloe, is growing up and may officially have her Aunt Erica's blue eyes and definitely has my beautiful Flinstone toes!
-Sam & Maya are doing well!  They are both growing up fast.  Sam is increasingly becoming more reflective and independent.  Maya is still very wild but seems to be blossoming out of her egocentricity.  They are eachothers' best friends and I love to seem them play for endless hours together.
-Stephen is enjoying Station 20.  He will be going to a General Rescuers class next week to learn the skills needed at a Special Operations station.
-Mom & Dad are in their house!!!!!  After 12 years, they have moved in!  It is beautiful and has such a warm feel to it.  Now that my father is 100% retired, they are traveling A LOT.  This month they are in Arizona.
-I am still working on my doula certification.  I have joined a wonderful group of local doulas at the Central Texas Doula Association.  I have some workshops lined up-massage, acupressure, hypnobabies.  I am attending one of my best friends from grade school's home birth.  She could deliver as early as next week!  
-I also turned 35 yesterday.  This is the first birthday in a while that has had any significance to me.  This year has been a year of transition, especially with Samuel turning 9 and Maya 7.  I feel like we are all growing up on our own levels.  It is really fun!

There are many other things going on and many pictures, so I will post more often to share them with all of my wonderful friends and family.

Until next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment