So, yesterday Samuel and Maya were hanging out with a kid in the neighborhood and he asked them to come over to his house. Maya rushed inside to ask me if they could go, since I had never met this boy before, I went outside to meet him. When I got outside, the boy had gone home and Samuel said, "I don't have a good feeling about that boy." He started telling me some things that the boy had been saying and how he was acting, and I agreed that he didn't sound like a positive influence. I told Samuel how impressed I was with him listening to his own intuitive feelings and making a good choice.
Then, last night we had a birthday dinner party for one of our very good friends that has a boy Samuel's age. This family is very dear to us and has always been a huge positive influence on all of us. They moved from Austin about 9 months ago, so the kids hadn't seen each other in awhile. After they left, Samuel said how great it was to see his best, best, best friend. I think that he really felt how positive an influence this little boy had on him. It was great and made me smile with a small tear of gratitude for this beautiful moment and the wonderful people in our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment