Friday, December 22, 2006

A Day in the Life...

One of the most common questions I get about home schooling is, “What does a day in the life of a child-inspired educational program look like?” Well, normally the kids play, play, play while I do housework with sporadic breaks to eat, read to the kids & help with a project they are working on. But some days, we have those really “good” days where we accomplish a lot. Here are some examples of those “good” days.

This was a day filled with physical "education" where we practiced archery in the drain field, Stephen taught skateboarding and the kids rode their bikes without training wheels.





One morning Samuel wanted to do something fun, so he designed and built a boat all by himself (I helped him tape the boat). Meanwhile, Maya & I built a spider web in the living room out of string. (We didn’t do a very good job & Samuel has already drawn out the plans to make another one).






This was a more recent day, where Stephen built and shot off rockets with the kids.





Of course on days like these are great, but the housework does get neglected :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:03 PM

    Hello to the Hope Posse,

    I hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for everything. I hope this new year brings even more happiness to your family.

    Vec

    ReplyDelete